Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wednesday

Today I was severely exhausted during both of our classes.  After classes were over, we had a 2-hour party/meeting with the university’s English Club.  At first I was dead tired, but we played some games like the limbo that woke me up.  Then I had a 15-minute power nap.  This nap was imperative in order to get me awake for the soccer game against the UEF soccer team.  We played at this sweet soccer arena in the city.  It started out rough in the first half, with us losing 3-0 against them.  But then we obtained a secret weapon – Cho Dao (Mrs. Dao).  She’s from the Vietnamese Women’s National Soccer Team.  Considering she played in the Olympics, she was so good.  Then things turned around, and we scored 3 goals to tie it.  Then we took the lead, 4-3… and then 5-4.  But then they tied it, but it was a ton of fun, and I’m glad we didn’t get schooled by them, considering football is their national sport.  Plus Vietnam won last year’s Asian soccer cup.  It was one of the highlights of the trip.  For dinner Mike, Kevin, Lauren, Nick, and I went to this local Vietnamese restaurant, which was crowded with locals and tourists.  They had a huge menu, with tons of cheap, good foods.  I got garlic chicken wings, sweet & sour spare ribs, and Beef Pho.  They were all really good; plus it was cheap.  That night Mike and I just crashed at like 9:40, because it was the most tired I have been in weeks.  The next day we learned that every single person had done the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment